We live in a reality of inconstancy where changes are so frequent that they suppress any possibility of self-indulgence. Therefore, creating a high-performance team can be essential for your business: it makes it possible to maintain satisfactory performance even in the face of adversity.
The truth is that, especially in the business sphere, if you are not willing to meet the new demands that arise, it is unlikely that you will achieve prosperity and success. More than worrying about your product or physical structure, the manager needs to have an entire perspective focused on his employees.
It is essential that your employees develop in order to keep up with these constant cycles of change. Therefore, there must be harmony in improving the organizational culture and as people who define the workforce.
Sales spreadsheet kit to plan, motivate your team and not lose information
3 types of a spreadsheet with ready-made formulas to put your business routine in order without much effort
For Chiavenato, a Brazilian author in the area of Brazilian administration and human resources, the key to organizational development is training and development. According to him, the stimulation of professionals, in order to provide knowledge, is capable of generating a strategic differential.
Training is essential for the individual growth of employees and, consequently, better organizational results.
What I want to share with you is how a manager can urge his employees to explore their maximum potential and contribute to specific amazing results.
The learning process
Making the terms clearer, training clashes with development. Volpe, the Brazilian author who wrote the article The importance of training for the development of the Work, says that training is directly associated with a procedure that aims to generate defined prior knowledge, with a stipulated period of short or medium term.
Development, on the other hand, is more linked to a continuous process of improving skills, both terms defined as the learning process.
The training process aims to mitigate failures and execution achievements to perform tasks.
They come from existing processes in the companies or from new demands that may be generated by socio-technological improvements, in addition to possible bottlenecks identified in the diagnosis process.
With this in mind, the training is divided into four stages, they are:
- Training Schedule
1. Diagnosis – At the diagnosis stage, an in-depth analysis is made of the reasons that gave rise to the training process, in addition to the needs that must be met. So there needs to be a lot of study so that the problems that generated the training and the method used to solve it are very clear and defined, in order to obtain a better use of the proposal.
2. Training schedule – In this phase, the program that will meet the need recognized in the previous process is designed. Therefore, it is of paramount importance that there is an alignment between the problems encountered with a definition of the way that will be used to address them.
3. Implementation – Implementation – In implementing the data obtained and the program defined to establish the process of applying and conducting the training, this stage focuses on instructing the participants so that they acquire the desired skills.
4. Evaluation – In the last stage of the process, we verify the validation of the previous processes, that is, we analyze the results obtained in the training. When the process is carried out in an orderly and well-designed manner, the data collected in the evaluation tend to be satisfactory.
In the development process, the idea is that managers and salespeople are included in a gradual and continuous improvement of their skills.
In addition to being partially present in the training stages, development goes beyond, also encompassing self-development.
Self-development deals with issues intrinsic to each individual, it seeks first in self-knowledge such as failures, inadequacies, and even strengths that can be polished and grow even more.
In other words, through the organizational environment, the person identifies as possibilities for growth and applies in order to strengthen and improve them.
This entire set of procedures is essential to enhance not only the human capital of the associations but also their development, creating an important strategic differential in the competitive labor market.
How to create a high-performance team?
We must align procedures for performing tasks and technical development, with a methodology aimed at professional growth and development.
Thus, we build an important foundation that will promote continuous development in organizational terms.
That is, we focus on two points of extreme importance for the creation of qualified teams, an analysis of processes and people management.
It is at this point that the leader, exercising the role of people manager, must not only promote the technical training of his team but also generate an environment conducive to personal development.
Engaging high-performance teams: get to know the Funnel of Dreams
One of the main differentials of high-performance times is their engagement converted into results. If you are in the process of developing a team with this profile, you need to know the Funnel of Dreams.
It is a simple deployment and programming tool whose objective is to connect the salespeople’s goals with the company’s goals, showing how daily sales activities need to be performed to achieve them.
In this way, sellers align personal and professional purposes and guide their decisions to capable results of their own beneficiary and the company!
Advantages of Developing a High-Performance Team
As we have seen before, to create a team that performs its functions with mastery and excellence, it includes more than training and development of members, it is extremely important to integrate these two terms.
The first hand can seem like an arduous and complex task, which makes the leadership role an important tool in favor of this process.
All releases generated during the construction of this strategy are backed up based on the results it can provide. With a high-performance team, the following are chosen:
- Motivation of members – A climate conducive to development and growth is built.
- Integration between team and company – There is mutual respect and admiration between company and employees
- Feeling of harmony and empathy – The relationship between members occurs harmoniously and synergistically
- Clear and fluid communication – Communication occurs assertively
- Authentic leadership – The leader is recognized by the team, being admired and respected.
- Participatory leadership – Union between leadership and team members where everyone represents an active part of the team
- Feeling of responsibility – A feeling of collective responsibility is generated, resulting in the creation of a team motivated to achieve the institution’s goals and objectives
Train and develop people
With well-defined organizational organizations, an adequate structure and a special perspective focused on the team of people, which is essential to move the gears of the corporate heart, a promising future for all involved becomes inevitable.
More than technically enabling a team, there needs to be true integration, allowing the people involved to develop a feeling of empathy for each other and for the institution where they work.
An extraordinary leader, who applies the coach’s methodology, creates not only a group of people focused and applied to exert high performance and achieve results but an environment of one time, a team, where everyone can feel part of a purpose larger.
Leveraging results and creating an exceptional team goes beyond hiring good professionals and improving their techniques. It’s connecting people, developing a leadership process, generating empathy, creating bonds, motivating and being motivated. One for all and all for one.